So about a week ago Cliff and I came home and I thought I saw a something on the floor by our kitchen table. I asked him if I saw a leaf, (my eyes aren't very good even with my glasses,) or if there was a lizard in our house. Sure enough, it was a little brown anole. I got really excited about it because the day before there was a ginormous spider on my counter... Those of you that know me well know that I don't care for spiders. I actually had to call a friend to come over and kill it. I stayed in a corner in my kitchen for 45 min because I wouldn't go near the thing - but that's another story.... Lizards... I like lizards - a lot actually. Lizards are fun and mostly clean I think and they eat spiders! Leonard (as we named him) was a welcome addition to the family right from the start. He seemed to make a home out of our water heater closet and would peek through the blinds every now and then. He even seemed to like music as he would come all the way out of the closet any time we put on a cd and especially when we sang along. A few days later, however, Cliff was on his way out the door when we saw a lizard by the laundry room door. It looked a little bigger than Leonard but we couldn't be sure. We decided to give it a day or so and see if we could spot Leonard in his area and this potentially new lizard in its area around the same time. I managed to get a pretty good picture of the one in the laundry room and I definitely think it was bigger so I have named him Linus for now. He seems a little more skittish than Leonard. He doesn't venture out much and if I steal a peek and him he will run for cover. Leonard on the other hand... is quite the little adventurer. I opened the dishwasher tonight to put a dish away and ... YIKES! he was in the dishwasher? I'll admit I was a little startled but that soon gave way to satisfaction and I pondered all of the bugs that would soon be in his blessed little stomach and NOT in my kitchen :)
Friday, March 21, 2008
Leonard and Linus or maybe just Leonard
So about a week ago Cliff and I came home and I thought I saw a something on the floor by our kitchen table. I asked him if I saw a leaf, (my eyes aren't very good even with my glasses,) or if there was a lizard in our house. Sure enough, it was a little brown anole. I got really excited about it because the day before there was a ginormous spider on my counter... Those of you that know me well know that I don't care for spiders. I actually had to call a friend to come over and kill it. I stayed in a corner in my kitchen for 45 min because I wouldn't go near the thing - but that's another story.... Lizards... I like lizards - a lot actually. Lizards are fun and mostly clean I think and they eat spiders! Leonard (as we named him) was a welcome addition to the family right from the start. He seemed to make a home out of our water heater closet and would peek through the blinds every now and then. He even seemed to like music as he would come all the way out of the closet any time we put on a cd and especially when we sang along. A few days later, however, Cliff was on his way out the door when we saw a lizard by the laundry room door. It looked a little bigger than Leonard but we couldn't be sure. We decided to give it a day or so and see if we could spot Leonard in his area and this potentially new lizard in its area around the same time. I managed to get a pretty good picture of the one in the laundry room and I definitely think it was bigger so I have named him Linus for now. He seems a little more skittish than Leonard. He doesn't venture out much and if I steal a peek and him he will run for cover. Leonard on the other hand... is quite the little adventurer. I opened the dishwasher tonight to put a dish away and ... YIKES! he was in the dishwasher? I'll admit I was a little startled but that soon gave way to satisfaction and I pondered all of the bugs that would soon be in his blessed little stomach and NOT in my kitchen :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jill, I love your blog! May I add you to mine? I'm so excited for you to move to Japan, that sounds so fun! That'll be 3 homes in your first year and a half? We've had 5 in 3 years and there are plenty more to come. I hate moving, but I'm getting very used to it. Our first year saw 1 home, but then we moved 3 times the next year and the last year had one home till we moved here, Houston, our 5th home!
I prefer blogs to Facebook...I don't know about you.
Love,
Shannon
Oh my gosh I'm so happy you wrote me back! :) Of course you may add me! I'm really new to this blog thing but I like to write and I used to have a live journal page so I could see myself liking this more than facebook as well. How do you add other blogs to your own? I haven't figured that one out yet....
Yeah... we are going to be doing a lot of moving in the future also. That comes with the territory when your husband is in the Navy. I've about given up on decorating because it all has to come down and be packed up anyway! How do you like Houston? There's a Temple there, right? I'm so glad to hear from you!
Jill
Post a Comment